Romantic Music For Perverts


Gideon Milkyboy


I’m Gideon, and I’m writing about my band Black Hay. We’re slightly weird and perverted form of rock band from London. It’s only really become a proper band again relatively recently though; before that it was just me writing songs and making records for the sake of making music that is important to me. We’ll get to all of that in due time.

So, why start a blog?

Why the fuck not?

The new year seems like as good a time as any to take new initiative. If you’re one of those people who occasionally turns on the radio or TV and thinks “Who is it they make crap for? It’s certainly not me.” Then I reckon there’s a pretty good chance you’ll find something to like about Black Hay.

If we work on the (bogus) assumption that 90% of the planet won’t have any use for this music, that leaves a good 10%. The current estimate of world population is around 7.1 billion people, and 10% of that is 71 million. So this blog is part of an attempt to reach out and speak to those people. Whoever they are.

The main point of this blog is just to have a place where we can share stories and anecdotes about various adventures we get up to, people we meet, things we find out. we think is important from the vantage point of our little corner.

Obviously, it being a band we’re going to tell you about gigs, releases, projects, and that kind of thing but we’re hoping to make things a little more intriguing than the typical spinal tap-isms of your average guitar-wielding knob-jockey.

The comments section is open, and encouraged, and unless it’s ridiculously inappropriate or spammy, will be left for all to see – any and all critiques, criticisms and feedback are well-received.

That’s it as far as introductions go for now.

Happy new year. It’s going to be a good one.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s